Sunday, September 23, 2012

travelogue: hong kong

Hong Kong. This place will always have a distinction in my heart. Primarily because i saw mickey, einstein, bruce lee, jet li, and jude law there! Hehe... :)
Kidding aside, though the trip happened back in December 2007, I could still remember almost everything that Line and I experienced during this first international trip. It's as if some years have not passed. Of course, the blogosphere is a big instrument in keeping the memories alive. That said, check out the links below to read about our adventures in Hong Kong:
Photos of 2007 Credit: line
UPDATE: July 20, 2016
Back in June 7 to 11, 2013 I was fortunate to return to HK courtesy of my former company. As it wasn't a planned travel and it was company-sponsored, my activities there where limited to the itinerary that the company had for our group. Nevertheless, I had great memories there, too. It was my first time to be billeted in a luxurious hotel. As you know by now, I'm a cheapskate traveler. So, normally I would skimp on accommodation costs.



This time around, I also finally experienced Disneyland. YAY! Well, back in 2007 - it wasn't part of our itinerary. Thus, we only went to Disney without getting into the compound, haha!


Just last month, I was fortunate to return to this beautiful city. This time, I was with my younger brother. He attended a conference called International Conference on Geographies of Health and Living in Cities: Making Cities Healthy for All at the University of Hong Kong. As it was his first time to go there, and I had nothing better to do, I accompanied him. While this was my 3rd visit to HK, this trip was in a way a solo travel. During the day, I would explore HK on my own while my brother was at his conference. The experience clinched my thought that HK is truly a tourist-friendly city. Given one day, one could get the hang of traveling on one's own using the city's very efficient transport system. First time to ride the MTR, bus, and tram alone!
IFC Rooftop Garden on June 21, 2016




Hey, Mickey!!!!! June 24, 2016
with brother at The Clock Tower in Central Pier 1, Hong Kong - June 22, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

fellow itchy feet, leave your footprints here. would love to hear your thoughts and ideas..